Our in vitro tests provide regulatory safety data for the cosmetics, personal care and chemical industries.
We also offer non-regulatory methods yielding animal-free supporting data for regulatory submissions, as part of a weight-of-evidence (WoE) approach.
At XCellR8, we are known for our helpful approach, not only delivering high-quality studies, but providing technical support and helping to interpret the results where needed. We love to develop partnerships with our clients and are with you every step of the way to help you navigate the ever-changing world of in vitro testing. With turnaround times starting from as little as 4 weeks, why not contact us today for an informal, no-obligation discussion about your testing needs?
XCellR8’s lab is Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) accredited by the UK’s MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency) for in vitro safety testing, so the data we provide can be used at a regulatory level for compliance with a wide range of European and global regulations, including: REACH (EC 1907/2006), the CLP Regulation (EC 1272/2008), the Biocidal Products Regulation (EC 528/2012), the Plant Protection Products Regulation (EC 1107/2009) and the Cosmetics Regulation (EC 1223/2009). Our services are used by world-leading chemical companies, cosmetic companies and their ingredient suppliers, as well as SMEs and fast growth start-ups.
We provide non-animal regulatory tests for the following key human health endpoints:
- Skin Corrosion: human skin model (OECD TG 431)
- Skin Irritation: human skin model (OECD TG 439)
- Eye Irritation: human cornea model (OECD TG 492)
- Skin Sensitisation:
- Direct Peptide Reactivity Assay (DPRA) (OECD TG 442c)
- KeratinoSens™ (OECD TG 442d)
- Human Cell Line activation Test (h-CLAT) (OECD TG 442e)
- Genotoxicity: BlueScreen™ Animal-Free
- Acute Toxicity: human cell-based screen
- Phototoxicity: human skin model
- Vaginal Irritation Test: human cell based vaginal model